- April 15, 2017
- Posted by: Chris barbauld
Is it time an auto tune-up?
Maximize gas mileage and increase the overall life of your vehicle with regular tune-ups. Tune-ups should happen every 20,000 – 50,000 miles depending on the make and model of the car. Not sure what your vehicle calls for? Just ask a member of our staff to print off the maintenance schedule for your car.
A tune-up at Heinold & Feller includes:
- Replace the fuel filter. Clogged filters can decrease the car’s efficiency and power.
- Change the spark plugs and check the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor.
- Check ignition system and timing.
- Make needed adjustments to valves and check/replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Check all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Check and adjust clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
Request An Appointment Online
Fill out the form below to request a an appointment. A member of our staff will contact you to confirm the appointment.
Joe Talks - Tune Ups
Tune-ups at Heinold & Feller
A tune-up makes sure that often overlooked “little things” work correctly and get replaced if needed. The tune-up process and service may vary from car to car or based on the time since your last tune-up service. Prices may also vary based on your vehicle and selected services.